In addition to professional brewers, taste your way through a home brew competition as well!
- The 2020 Whitestown Homebrew Competition will take place September 12th.
- Voting will be a crowd vote on their favorite homebrewer, not the individual beer.
- Only 40 Homebrewers will be allowed to enter the competition.
- All beers must be brought with the competitor the day of the competition. No early drop off.
Homebrew Competition Rules
- Each contestant must bring a minimum of 5 gallons (no limit on max amount).
- Each contestant can bring a max of 4 different beers.
- Sours, meads and ciders WILL be accepted.
The beers are being judged on quality. However, for example, if you were to bring a porter, you will be judged on the characteristics of a porter. Meeting BJCP guidelines is not a requirement.
You will be required to bring all required materials with you (aside from ice and a table, which we provide) that allow you to serve your beer. Please also bring containers to place your beer in to keep it cold (such as buckets and bins, etc.).
You are welcome to self-promote yourself with banners, signage, stickers, etc. or just serve your beer. It's up to you!